Making a list and checking it twice

So it is 2 hours since my last post and I still can't fall asleep. Everyone in the house is already knocked out. Even my puppies are snoring away with their daddy. I, on the other hand, should be but am not. I am physically tired but my brain just happens to not want to shut down. And so while I was sitting here I started thinking about new years resolutions and the things I want to do next year. I might as well put these down now while I have them in my head, or there is no way I will remember these specific things later.

My life never seems to go as planned. If you know me, you know that I do not like to plan or make appointments with anyone at all. Mostly because things for me change all the time or something always comes up. It's hard for me to make it on time to get togethers, like birthdays or dinners. I never finish any project that I start. Nor do what I really desire to do. For example: bake, sing, or even just sit down to read. I'm tired of disappointing family and friends so I started thinking of ways that I can spend more time with my family and friends in the new year while also doing the things that I absolutely love. Now these things are SET IN STONE! I must complete at least all of these next year. No ifs, ands, or buts! And I will be blogging about each as they come up.

Here are some things that I would love to start next year:
* Book Challenge - All Nicolas Sparks Novels (14 novels; already reading two)
* First Friday Cookoffs! - One different type of cuisine for every month of the year
* Spontaneous Sundays - My husband John and I used to do this in our early days of marriage. Jump in our car and just drive!
* Family Game Night - At least once every month to just have fun and catch up
* Annual Holiday Party - If I do not do one this year, it will definitely happen next year for sure. I would love to get an annual thing going so that friends and family could meet up and converse, karaoke,play games, cook, and have secret Santa. FUN RIGHT?!
* The Performing Arts - Try to get to as many concerts and musical performances that
I possibly can.

Besides these things though I definitely need to get this done:
* Pay off some debt, my car, and school loans
* Save money to go to school. NO later than Summer semester 2010.
So so far that's all I have because John is now waking up and maybe I should get some sleep before today's chaos a.k.a my life.

Drained,
Dawee<3

No comments: