So went on my first trip to Fairbanks and it was by far the craziest night and drive that I have ever had. Almost got pulled over by troopers, saw lots of dead animals in the road, and froze my butt off at three in the morning trying to find a hotel so I can get some sleep. We ended up getting there at about 3 in the morning and hung out with some of John's friends. We all went for a cruise and then headed back to the parking lot where everyone was hanging out. Met Alicia's brother at Denny's and then went on a search for a place to sleep. We stayed at the Westmark hotel and the bathroom in the room was freaking awesome!!!! Sooo beautiful. And the bed was great as well. The sleep I got that night was the best sleep I have had in a LONG time. Totally worth the drive and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Woke up the next morning and got ready to head back home. We didn't want to stay too long because the drive was going to take forever. We had breakfast at a family diner and then headed back to Anchorage. The drive was beautiful. I didn't think it was going to be because when we were driving up there, it was pitch black and going 120 mph didn't help with the sight seeing.
Stopped in Talkeetna and saw Dennis and dad. Charlie was off hunting so we didn't get to say hi. Then had dinner at a little Thai restaurant off the side of the road to Talkeetna. The food was not impressive but I have a pretty biased opinion ; )
Good adventure. Had tons of fun and made a lot of good memories!!
No comments:
Post a Comment